15 September 2017

Cimetière nouveau de Neuilly, Hauts-de-Seine (92) #6: Pauline Avery Crawford


Pauline Avery Crawford (1890–1952) was, as Charles L. Robertson's 2001 biography of her states, An American Poet in Paris. His sub-title is 'Pauline Avery Crawford and the Herald Tribune': Crawford was an american expatriate who wrote for the Paris edition of the New York Herald Tribune in the 1930s and 1940s. After the war she wrote a column called 'Our Times in Rhyme' up until shortly before her death.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tony, Pauline was my paternal grandmother. She died a year before I was born. My father provided Dr. Robertson with most of the material for his book "An American Poet in Paris". I have a Google alert for "Pauline Avery Crawford" and thus saw your post. I visited Paris with my wife and children about 5 year ago and visited her cemetery. I am now retired and interested in family genealogy. Fascinating to see your post. Regards, John Crawford

Dr Tony Shaw said...

Hi John. Thank you for this contribution.